For Children - Irish Music Session
For 10 years I ran a monthly children's Irish music session but discontinued them for lack of attendance. I still run a few a year during school holidays. If you would like to be informed of these write me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If I hear from enough interested folks I will start them up again once a month on Tuesday nights.
Also check out my Irish Music and Culture Summer camps in Silver Spring, MD - the Sligo Creek Hedge School. See my listings below for opportunities to go play in the DC/Baltimore area.
- Download my children's Irish Session Booklet of tunes!
[pdf - 7mb] Special thanks to Chuck Boody for converting the session book to pdf format!
Other Opportunities for Children:
- For information about sessions in Northern Virginia contact Betsy O'Malley at: 703-560-4719 or email@example.com
- Mitch Fanning runs two children's irish sessions a month as well as directing "Pete Moss and the Bog Band." Contact Mitch at firstname.lastname@example.org
- On the 2nd Sunday of every month Mitch runs a children's Irish session from 5:00-6:30 p.m at McGinty's Public House, 911 Ellsworth Drive, Silver Spring, MD. Check McGinty's website.
- On the 4th Sunday of every month from 5:00-6:30 p.m. Mitch runs a children's Irish session at the Royal Mile Pub, 2407 Price Avenue, Wheaton, MD, 301-948-4511.
- Donna Long has started a children's session in Baltimore the first Saturday of every month from 3:00-5:00 p.m. at J. Patrick's, 1371 Andre Street, corner of Clement -Baltimore MD 21230 (in South Baltimore's historic Locust Point neighborhood) - phone 410-244-8613 or email Donna at email@example.com
- In Accokeek, MD there is a children's session also the second Monday of every month from 6:30-8:00 p.m. For information call 301/283-0167